Course length: 1-day course (4 hours one-to-one session)
Course fee: £230
In this course you’ll learn:
- 8 watercolour techniques and textures
- A detailed guide outlining the various types of watercolour papers and paints you’ll need
- Brush control
- Layering watercolour
- Handling opaque and transparent pigments
- Composing a colour palette
- Adding colour to a geometric pattern
In this course you’ll learn 8 different watercolour techniques with your tutors guidance with the aim to create textures on both cold and hot pressed watercolour paper. A colour wheel will be provided for you which will be explained in brief detail outlining some of it’s uses. Furthermore, You’ll be provided with templates of different geometric patterns and your tutor will help you compose a colour palette for your final geometric composition.
Based on your practice with different watercolour techniques, you will have the opportunity to paint on your preferred surface (hot or cold pressed) with your choice of design using all the techniques obtained.
This course is for all levels and no prior experience is necessary. This course is particularly beneficial for those wishing to learn and improve their watercolour techniques.
All materials are provided however, it is advised to bring a notebook with you in order to make vital notes.
14 days before the course:
If for any reason you need to cancel, please request a full refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, contact to change the booking for an alternative date.
7 to 14 days before the course:
If for any reason you are unable to attend the agreed date, an alternative date can be arranged. Please contact email@example.com.
Less than 7 days before the course:
Unfortunately, no refund or alternative date will be available for late cancellations If in any unforeseen circumstance you are unable to attend the course, please send the name and contact details of a friend/family who could possibly attend on your behalf. Please send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you have further enquiries.
What materials would I need for the course?
Materials are provided for you on this course, however, if you wish to bring additional materials, you are free to do so. Notebooks (to make notes), watercolour paper and brushes can be useful but are not essential.
How long is the course?
The total duration of the course is 4 hours.
Where is the course being held?
The one-to-one sessions generally take place at various locations around Central London. Since I travel to teach my students, the final location will be decided during the booking process. I will consider where you are based and we will try to meet somewhere which is convenient for the both of us.
What will I learn?
- 8 different watercolour techniques which you’ll practice on both cold and hot pressed watercolour paper
- A brief study of the colour wheel which will provide you a better insight in to how you can mix colours and combine them.
- You’ll practice the watercolour application on your preferred surface (hot or cold pressed paper)
- An understanding of controlling the pigment by applying the right water and pigment ratio.
- The difference between cold and hot pressed paper (you’ll do this by experimenting on both surfaces)
- How to use flat and round brushes
Submit your review